R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray NT1
Thread: Xray NT1
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 02:48 AM
musti72
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Drew Ellis
Thanks.

The track was a lot different from what we went and tested on. The rain played a factor and Ifmar would not let the track be sprayed over an over again. Streering was not hard to get in the car it was the rear bite meaning forward traction and side bite. You are right about the part of having the accelerating of the corner we needed the car to be able to do that. And that was are goal the whole week. I think the bite was good but not what it was for the pre-worlds and the Xray race. At the pre-worlds Ralph's car was really good and he ran 36 laps in 10:12 with fast lap of 16.2 at the Xray race we kept the car the same and Ralph ran 36 laps in 10:14 with a fast lap of 16.6. The TQ at the worlds was 1 full lap off what we had ran a month early. The heat was the same but we had no rain to deal with at the Xray race. The biggest thing was finding a balance of the car meaning having streering and forward traction. We also had BIG motor thanks to Max Power so that made it even harder to get the forward bite. Ralph is not the guy to detune the engine to make grip. Its making grip to put down the horsepower. I will post the setup from the Xray race. You can look at both the Xray race and the worlds setup and see the difference. Every change we made Ralph said the car got better and better.

On Ralph's car we seem to always run 3 hole pistons with 600 all the way around. When we came to the pre-worlds we made a change in the rear which was 2 hole 500 to help with the car over the bump in front of the drivers stand. Also to help with the car going though the 2 fast chicanes on the track its seemed to make the car more stable in those places on the track..Guess it was just what we thought and it worked..LOL.. Ralph is really good at feeling what the car is doing and he is really good at telling me what the car feels like so its makes it easier to make changes.

Thanks Drew

Thanks Drew
Thanks Drew, I really appreciate.