R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Servo Arm Centering - Subtrim vs Linkage?
Old 08-03-2010, 05:38 PM
zixxer
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwm2
Ok lets illustrate this.

This is how i want it to look: []=

This is how the servo arm looks due to the spline not being 100% perfect: // of course not at such an extreme angle but you get the point. If i move it one spline down it looks like this: \\ which is obviously not where i want it either. The only way to get it perfect at 90 degrees from the servo is to use subtrim.

No amount of linkage adjustment will get my servo horn at 90 degrees because it does not control the servo angle, it controls the relation of the servo horn to the servo saver and thus the throw of my steering. What i was asking is it ok to have it off center and adjust the linkage to compensate for the servo arm being off center.

The only way to get the servo horn to be perfectly centered is subtrim. Or you can open up the servo and adjust the gears, but to me this doesn't seem like a great idea. So its either use subtrim to center the horn or adjust the gears of the servo, there is no other way to get the servo horn at 90 degrees.

This topic has gotten way too complicated for what originally started out as a fairly simple question. I have found my answer: Use subtrim unless you want to open up the servo and adjust the gears.
nope your not gettin off that easy ...adjust the linkage as good as you can get it ...then use subtrim to fine tune it like you want