Old 07-31-2010, 03:30 PM
trackdesigner71
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Doing some thinking about the points system discussion...

I was sitting in bed a couple nights ago reading one of my RC magazines when I got to thinking about the discussion that was had earlier in the year about a national points system. THere was some good points made all around and its too bad no one took the mantle and tried to make something happen. I got to thinking about this sort of structure:

Onroad

Divisions: Novice, Sportsman, Expert, Pro

Novice- racing < 1 year, 0-25% sponsorship, 21.5 motor, Cirtix ESC or similar non-adjustable ESC, 30C Lipo limit

Sportsman- racing 1-2 year, 26-50% sponsorship, 17.5 motor, ROAR Sportsman ESC, 35C LiPo limit

Expert- racing 2-3 years, 51-75% sponsorship, 13.5 motor, open ESC, 40C LiPo limit

Pro- racing >3 years and/or >75% sponsorship, Open everything

Novice, Sportsman and Expert divisions are split into 5 regions: Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, Midwest, Northwest and Southwest.

Pro runs 8 race national championship series

Top 10 in regional points in TC, 12th and WGT qualify for national championship runoffs, winner bumped up to next class (Expert National Champion bumped up to Pro National Championship series for that class)

Points: 100 point scale, reduce by two for each class (6 entry minimum), 2 point bonus for TQ, two point bonus for fastest lap. 6 point bonus for "trifecta" (TQ, fastest lap and A main win)

I havent worked out all the other stuff that was in my head yet but that is what I came up with at this point...thoughts?

Last edited by trackdesigner71; 08-02-2010 at 11:03 AM.