R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Jammin SCRT10 Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 08:56 AM
ShortCourseOnly
Tech Master

Originally Posted by chiro972
While I disagree on the essentials for racing. I have not added any aluminum stuff to mine and I race very competitively. On the other hand, the comment about driving more conservatively is absolutely spot on.

I get really frustrated watching people try a nearly unmakeable jump lap after lap. They make it once and think they will do it every time. Crashing and getting marshalled just once in a race will probably wipe out any time savings you made making it that one time. I don't know why people don't learn this lesson sooner. Granted I have been racing almost 30 years, but I learned long ago I'm not the fastest guy out there by a long shot, but by driving conservatively and not crashing, I seem to always be very competitive at the races.
I too have not added any aluminum parts. With the HV4.5 motor I find it hard not wanting to go for the big jumps. I have had some breakage and a lot of marshalling. My results are poor so far because of it. So no I will head to the next race with a conservative approach. My skills are still growing.