R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - $900 kyosho?
Thread: $900 kyosho?
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2010, 06:37 AM
hookem34
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FLHX1550
And I agree with that, but just because something is made in China vs. anywhere else doesn't mean it isn't as good.

As far as CNC machining goes, when they build a plant in China and tool for a project, they still utilize as much automation as they can to factor out the human errors.

Funny thing is, consider a company like Haas CNC. Though not the highest end machines in the CNC buissnes, they are the highest selling builder, not only in the US, but in China. They are the only builder that can build enough product to keep up with China's growth. And they are manufactured with over 70% US Content and assembled in the Highest Cost environment in the world (Malibu, California).

My point being that even if the Kyosho stuff is made in Japan, doesn't mean it's better.

Amen!!! The whole "It'a made in Japan so it has to be better" is such a 1980's way of thinking. Yes, some products from Japan are excellent, but with the automization of the industrial process across the world, most mass produced products are very close, if not equal, in quality.

It's all about perception and Kyosho has done an excellent job with this. The logic of "price is not an issue and paying $900 is worth it to me" is exactly what killed the on road scene.