R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - XRAY T3
Thread: XRAY T3
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 01:32 PM
BlackedOutREVO
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Way2Evl
Too far out front most of the time to get hacked. And coming around people just move out the way.
Haha the starts of races are always the worst, and I usually start in the middle or back. Just gotta let off and drive a different line then wait for the pile up to happen then drop the hammer. Usually works lol

Originally Posted by Cribbin
those that have raised the motor mount bulkhead, what have you done about the ackerman post?
Just put a shim under the bearing in the plastic holder's till the slop is gone

Originally Posted by hana166
Just a heads up about the exotek chassis if anyone is considering it

Nice and flat, which is good, but countersinking is messy with C/F thread loose like they used a worn out countersink. I recut them with a solid carbide countersink

Excellent value considering the lipo locators are included, and the design of these is really good

Front hinge pin mount holes are further forward so use 2mm spacer in front, 1mm behind to maintain default front wheelbase setting. Gives just about zero play which is cool

All fits together very accurately, no tweak

The chassis has considerably greater torsional stiffness when compared to stock, it is not similar at all

I run on high traction carpet and the car is always decking out in so hopefully this will improve things

I love the way this car handles and hope the chassis doesn't ruin it !
Yeah I was a bit disappointed with the way the cuts and countersunk holes looked out of the package but ohh well. The chassis will be all scratched up with a few weeks of running anyhow I guess. Although my buddy has a cyclone exotek and the holes and cuts look great but its a few months old

Originally Posted by JayL
lower your motor till it rubs then go up alittle.

I would mount the motor stock and mark it, then drive the track hard every turn EXCEPT the sweeper, just roll it slow, do this for 5-6min and then check the motor for marks
I think theres alot of different things that would come into play here though also. You run thicker oil and less droop so your car would roll less then mine does. Obviously you dont like the idea of lifting the motor mount but im going to mess with it. Everyones car in 17.5 (I think were the first in mod to have them?) that has a exotek chassis go look at there motors, especially Brian's car, his motor looked worse then mine in mod lol. That cant help corner speed