R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 07-28-2010, 10:04 AM
stiltskin
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I've been getting several PMs about what to buy with the kit, so I figured I'd post it up on the thread. None of these are required, but some are very good things to pick up with your original purchase.

1. Kimbrough servo saver (definite must)
2. Aluminum bell crank (King Headz). I've only broken 1 but many people do have issues with them. I just recently installed one for security.
3. Axle pin covers. Not required, but they do free up the axles because they remove the set screw from the assembly. They also make maintenance alot easier.
4. Shims for wheelbase and camber adjustments. The kit comes with enough to build the car, but it doesn't include a variety for making adjustments.
5. Springs. Kit comes with 344/306. For rubber tire on carpet, you will want the 393, 367, and 289 springs. For asphalt, you will want the 324 and 289. I would also recommend an extra set of the 306. I don't run foam anymore, so I won't comment on spring suggestions.

Any other questions, please feel free to PM me or post it up. If anyone has any other recommendations, LMK and I can add them to my post.