R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated 1/8 scale Buggy Info and Tips
Old 07-28-2010, 06:18 AM
Brandon Melton
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigNasty
ok so here's some bonehead stuff...

I went to put new caster bushings in my car this morning, and I realized i'd had them totally mismatched and apperently i've been doing it for a while. For some reason I thought that when you buy them in the little bag from associated, there were 3 sets of 16 degree... i don't have a matching set of anything.... front 18 back 14, front 18 back 16... and so on. I have the upper link set for 16 degree, so that has remained constant. I've noticed over the last few races that it didn't turn the same way left as it did right. This might be why, cuz everything else about the setup is on the money.

I'm gonna try and find a fresh set of 16 degree inserts at the track tomorrow (the shop is out of them). If the upper link is still in between the 2 cone washers, it's basically a 16 degree setting, with osme binding on the bottom, right?

i just want a set that matches
just because you are using 16 degree inserts doesn't always mean the ball link should be in the middle between the two washers. For example if you run 2 up kickup, this will angle the caster block back and you will most likely need two washers behind the link, if you run 2 down it will be one on each side. The best way to determine is to get the right inserts in there then just lower the uppr link into the caster block and see where it falls ten space accordingly, it's better to put it where it mechanically needs to be rather than where the book says for it to go. Make sense. It should sit right against the front of the caster block with 2up, at least mine always do.