R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ASEAN CUP 1/10 nitro
View Single Post
Old 03-17-2004, 08:16 PM
crashed_1
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TPRacing
As for the 3 ports, seriously I think we Malaysian must give this a try, it will help to bring in more hobbyist, reduce the cost of racing in this hobby and bring our standard up to Americans, European and other developed RC nations level. We always think we are fast...but I can safely say we are NOT, skill wise we are way behind them, that's why we keep going for the latest and fastest modified engine! Man...RM1200-RM1500 for a tiny .12 engine!

Many newcomers dare not race because everyone else either running a JP, Max or Rody mods, they already have fear in joining let alone racing those mods engine. There are many 'fast drivers' out there...even guys with 2-3months experience are fast...but have you seen them drive? Is like a Tomahawk locked on and homing on your ass, this is the worst thing to watch. They think 'wow I'm as fast as so and so...', yeah right and why didn't u beat him 'consistently' in every race?

Many gave up the hobby because they can't coup up with the cost racing in heavily mod. Just imagine the Worlds runs .12 3port, 16% and standard plug. Malaysia Bolehland runs runs .12 5port Modified, 25% and Turbo plug! And yet some ask ...how good this fuel in protecting our engine? how durable are these engines? C'mon man...u think F1 engine last a lifetime?
Like any other thing, RC is a trend too. All it takes is a trend setter to get things going...ie: Imagine all the vet drivers like yourself, Steven, the 2 Anthonys etc etc went to a club race and raced a 3 port engine...win or lose oso nevermind, the most important thing is to lead the way. Why would an amatuer/noobie wanna use 3 porters when the pros are using 5 porters?...So get the pros to change and the rest would follow suit. If I'm not mistaken, the pro driver group of people in klang valley is only a handful and they keep in touch quite often...practice together oftenly too. If they can agree to start 3 porting...soon enuff all the noobies would follow suit...cheaper too right? And the pros can proof that 3 ports are just as fast...example by Andrew of AE @ Kuching and Michael of Serpent @ Thailand.

My 2 cents...