R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novak Havoc Repair/Update?
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2010, 10:10 PM
racer1812
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dale5998
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm wondering if anyone can give me a little insight into their problems with the havocs esc's. Also, has anyone been able to get novak to update the software on an esc when they didn't buy the esc new? I have bought a havoc pro, and two havoc 3S's on ebay. I know the pro needs sent in, but I'm not sure about the two 3S's. I haven't them enough to see if they have problems. My fear is I will have issues with them, and that will be three esc's, and also I have a novak XXtra receiver that needs repaired. That would be over $200 dollars to get all my stuff repaired/updated. I have know problem paying to fix something when it breaks, but when it's Novak's error, I think they should stand behind it. I have always had good luck with Novak products, which is why I didn't hesitate buying the used stuff. As far as the person that sold me the Havoc pro on ebay, If all they did was bench tested it, they would have never noticed the problem. I can run the truck up and down my street without a single hick-up. However, when I get on a track with other vehicles, I get a stall in the motor,(steering still working) and I have to wait a second or two for it to come back! Very frustrating for me AND the other driver's, who end up plowing into the back of me! Just wanting to hear you guy's issues(if their the same as mine or not), and if you've had any luck dealing with novak on the issues!
Novak two~ I have the same exact problem what do I need to fill out for paper work to have this fixed on my Havoc Pro. From what I've seen and heard this is/was a common problem. Are you able to tell there is something wrong with it or do you just do a firmware update and it fixes this issue?