R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Driving style, differ with car?
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 03:34 PM
tc5 man
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Slider30250
If you already have the chassis then there really isn't a reason not to run it, just don't expect a dramatic increase in lap times. An increase in ride height plus a softer spring/shock oil setup would be better for the rough conditions. Reducing your droop setting 2-5mm front and back will help with the ruts

I stopped running the short ackerman plate, although it would increase steering just off center I would lose steering mid corner due to the extreme angle difference between the inside and outside tires.

The one thing that I did that I didn't get to test before getting my Mugen was the 4.4 (silver spring) up front and the 4.3 (purple spring) rear with 35 wt shock oil front and back. By squaring up the spring and shock oils generally you will dial in a lot more oversteer even with the stock 7-10-5 diff oil setup. The on power push will be there on all buggy's and truggy's, it's all because of the compromise with the center diff. The harder you drive, the more it diff's out to the front wheels, the more of a push you have. Start with an oversteering setup and learn to drive it so hard that the truck or buggy starts pushing too much for your liking, then you will know that you are fast.

well my front end is proberty about, 2 mm higher than the rear i have the rear ride height where the axles are pretty level. so there is only a little preload to get grip on the rear end. right now im using 40 f and 30 r.

im using the mike thrute setup, with the rear grey spring on the rear and the front its a black spring. il try out the silver spring in the front and purple on the rear. i mess with camber first.

i have changed to a thinner, sway bar in the rear that seem to help.

im running 7,10,5 in the diffs.