R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HoBao Hyper 9E thread
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2010, 08:31 AM
MindThoughts
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default The Matrix 9E- Carbon Fiber Hyper 9e. I had a Great two Qualifiers Saturday.

Here are my videos of Saturdays Race. This is the best I've ever done. I qualified Second Place twice, with the Hyper 9e, running only one, 2cell LiPo, while all other buggies ran 4cell at 14.8volts. And I had equal power and speed, if not faster than all the other buggies. This ultralight Carbon Fiber Hyper 9e makes a Huge performance difference. this was the lightest buggy at the track in 1/8th scale. I let a few pro racers run the buggy and they couldn't believe it. They were amazed to say the least. everyone loved the Carbon Fiber chassis and the handling of the buggy. it was a great day, that's for sure. I couldn't stay for the main race because my ride was leaving, but I was very happy with qualifying second place in the sportsmen class. I was running 1st place in the second qualifier, but as you can see, all the adrenalin and excitement was too much for me and I made a few mistakes before I got my rythm back. I believe lots of practice will help me with this minor flaw in my driving. I still qualified second, what a great weekend. a completely new layout with lots of elevation changes is being built right now at West Coast RC Raceway in La Mirada CA. I hope I can make it to the track this Tuesday for practice. If anyone has any comments, ideas or tips and tricks for me, regarding my two you tube videos, please feel free to express your thoughts here or on the you tube comments area. Have a great day, and check out these two videos if you have time.

1st qualifier. I'm running one, 2cell Thunder Power 50c Pro Race LiPo the entire day, with the 1409 1Y 3600kv Nue motor. Max motor temp was 151.F. I'm the white buggy starting second to last in the line-up. and worked my way up from last place, to second place. The person who won both qualifiers works at the track, his name is Hector.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bDyHQjg_a8

2ond qualifier. when I was in first place, I was so excited I tried extra hard to stay calm, that's why I didn't jump the tripple for so long, but later realized I had to in order to stay in second. I feel with practice, I will win sportsmen soon. This was a great race. it's so hard to focus with my entire body shaking with excitement when I'm in first place. Any suggestions on how you stay calm in first place would be awesome. This video begins with a few laps of pratice just before the race begins. I'm the second buggy, white body; from the front. Enjoy the video, and please post videos of your Hyper 9e races and pratice runs as well. I'm still running the one, 2cell LiPo with 1409 1Y 3600kv Steve Nue motor, and All Matrix Concepts Carbon Fiber Chassis and Accessories. I have not yet weighed the carbon fiber chassis, Buggy; nor parts. Enjoy the Video. and please feel free to comment or make any suggestions.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsyhJ1xGEb8