R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Going back to Flux. Fill me in on Lipo & chargers
Old 07-25-2010, 12:22 AM
Freezebyte
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Going back to Flux. Fill me in on Lipo & chargers

Ok, in case you hadn't noticed, i've had my fill of Baja ownership these past few months. As enjoyable as its been, I can't justify spending the money to run and maintain this vehicle, so its going to someone else and im picking my 2nd Savage Flux, the updated 2.4ghz model with hopefully included bulletproof difs and updated MMM controller.

I'm a bit behind the updates and changes in regards to Lipo and charger tech. I AM NOT going to be giving SMC anymore of my money as that turned into an expensive nightmare as most of you may remember from my posts last year.

That being said, i've been looking into the Lipo's at Hobby king that peeps have been stating are great for all around performance with a much better price tag. I'm planning on starting with 2S packs again with maybe 3S later down the road. I plan on purchasing two sets of 2S so I can still have long bash sessions without paying premium for higher mAh rated lipos. Can you guys give some newer and up to date suggestions on what have been some proven and reliable 2S Lipo's that don't break the bank, but won't fry the mamba ESC?

Also, I'm not paying the premium price for chargers like I did with my Triton 2 and I can't justify spending the cost for a dual hyperion charger. I've been doing some charger research and I like the looks/performance and cost of this new one from dynamite. I'll likely end up purchasing two chargers so I can get my charging details done faster and still come out money ahead. Any one had experience or details on the pluses or minuses of this dynamite model? Or other suggestions if this one isn't worth its salt?

http://www.dynamiterc.com/Products/D...ProdID=DYN4064

Thanks for helping a soon to be un-retired brushless owner. By the power of Flux!