R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ASEAN CUP 1/10 nitro
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2004, 10:00 PM
bulldog1
Tech Adept

Default ASEAN CUP 1/10 nitro

My experiance at the asean cup was disastrous and not to mention sad!!!Going to the asean cup was like a new drivers dream in achieving something for himself and positioning himself amongst the best of the best in asean or that was what it would have seem to me,
lets start from the beginning when the time I saw the track it was big and pretty smooth permanent trackl aid down with PVC pipes and nails so I guess it was pretty well thought of track.Next we had our practise session on friday/first day most driver had problems with traction but it seemed pretty well for my setup(R40),meeting up with other drivers was a great experiance as I got to know there were bruneians ,sabahans ,sarawakians australians(4) and us rugrats from west malaysia.....KL!!!my questions were where are the Singaporeans?? the Thais?? one would assume that they didnt get any info about this race or the publicity about this race were minimal??am I wrong ?ok next item is I had a brief chat with a the chairman of this event and he was Mr Thian and we briefly exchange notes on the mission to organize this event and I would give my credibility to his visions in making this into our very own regional event outside of the femca and ifmar bodies..some make take it as us being rebels..but to my perspective I believe he mave have onto something here that is valuable..to all of us here ,as I would dare say how many of us here really really really qualify to participate in anything regional under femca.. so I guess at the very least we do have somesomething that would enable us to race on a regional basis! which I think is pretty fair and considerate.thing to gain more experiance before or prepare ourselfs should we pursue on in participating races under Femca or the other idea is at least we have something to race at and share and enjoy on a regional basis which no one else has ever dreamed of or even dared to create...so please at the very least give him this credit ....then came the drivers briefing night where some of us went without dinner...and was hungry througout the whole briefing and it was a night where we chose a new chairman and etc etc etc and the next host country...which is Brunei... three cheers!!!at least there were more bruneians then any other country that were present..all of this decision making process was through a voting process.

So I would like to point out here again there werent enough information on the agenda that were suppose to be addressed...have any body considered in having a website on this whole event?? at the very least we or those who have the capability to access the web can extract and can share all this important information to our team mambers or friends....
but somehow I feel something is AMISS here...then came the first day of the heats!!! the juicy part!!! we all went to the track with all our $$$$$ equipments and big hopes and what ever feelings that you can envision if you were to participate in a regional event!...When we reached the track I and my team mates discovered that THERE WERE NO DAMN TABLES LEFT FOR US!!!not to mention chairs OMG what is this?? so we went to the organiser and presented our problem and he mention to us that its on the way ...so ok ok ok we accepted the fact and went back to equipment and started getting ready our cars ON THE FLOOR!anticipating our tables and chairs would be there...anytime soon , 30 minutes went by and then an hour still no sight of our table and chairs...I went to the chairman(Thian) and gave him an ultimatum of 5 minutes if not we are pulling out of the race...so came the poor table from his operations or I would say computer table..Fine... but what about the chair??oh boy was I furious now...then came the organiser with a single chair that he say he specially found for me...ummmmm HELLO!!! are u dumb or an idiot or what?? a chair for 4 persons?? what are we to do?? play music chair with it?? so ok fine we endure again the first heat came and went and still no chair then came lunch!!!! now this is where I got totally frustratated when the only 1 chair we had were stoled and we had to borrow chairs from our neighbours just to have a decent meal ...so thats where I decided that I do not want to be treated this way for the organisers incompetence or shortcoming or inexperiance in handling a regional event! to the organiser of this years EVENT you were miserable in coordination and planning which turn to a laughing stock this is not ASEAN CUP this IS RUMAH PANJANG CUP!!! or VILLAGE CUP!!!The next thing is a regional event doesnt have is Marshalls!!!!!!damn I have seent the thais do it and seen the japs do it and even read about the ANG MOHS doing it but unfortunately we had to depend on our team mate or pit crew to pick up our cars if it were turtled...So please gentleman you have a cause here and if you do it well you would be successfull but do it like this race I guess you can count me and my team out next year.If you would like this event to be successfull please rethink your strategy and tatics and if I do not have the full agenda and itenary and enough information for the next years race .You can safely bet we would not be there ....

and and all is said I still would like to stand and give a bow to the chairman Mr Thian for bringing up RC sport to malaysia and bringing it up to a level where everybody benefited from it and having big dreams but I guess he just didnt have the able people to assist him

.my two cents worth