R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 12:02 PM
teeforb
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

PERFECT! Much thanks.

Next week will be 1/8th scale electric. So I'll tackle dual mode next week!

Originally Posted by wingracer
Let me try to simplify this for you. In SENSORED MODE, there are just three timing adjustments. All three are independent, work in different ways and are cumulative. Here they are:

1. Physical motor timing. This is the endbell setting. Whatever this is, will be in the motor at ALL TIMES. All esc timing adjustments ADD to this.

2. Boost. This adds timing to the motor at adjustable rpm points. The start rpm is when it will start adding timing. The end rpm point is when it will reach max boost timing. The number is the max amount of timing it will add.

3. Turbo. This works similar to Boost but is based on TIME instead of rpm. The number is the amount of timing it will add. The delay is how much time you will have to have the trigger at full throttle before it starts to add the timing. The ramp is how quickly it ramps up the timing AFTER the delay, again based on time instead of rpm.

Again, this is cumulative so they add up. For example:

10 degrees of motor timing, 40 degrees of boost and 5 degrees of turbo means you will have a total of 55 degrees of timing once the motor reaches the end rpm and you have been full throttle for longer than the turbo delay (enough longer for the turbo to be fully ramped up).

Dual mode is a totally different thing and I never use it so someone else will have to explain it if you want to use it.