R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2010 ROAR ONROAD PAVED NATS TO BE HELD AT NORCAL HOBBIES IN CA.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:43 PM
andrewdoherty
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Still Bill
Andrew,

New restaurant called Isabella's on the #1 Fisherman's Wharf in Monterey has a garlic roasted crab that is to die for...Fairly upscale but absolutely worth it!

Or, on the #2 Wharf, there is a quaint little restaurant called Sandabs overlooking the boat docks. Very nice to get away from the tourists.

The Monterey Aquarium is special. Best I have been to. Aquarium is right on Cannery Row so there is plenty to see.

There is also a nice restaurant at Lover's Point in Pacific Grove. PG is where masses of Monarch butterflies come to every October. Nature thing!

Lots of boutique shopping in Carmel too. Check out the Green Lantern Inn for a place to stay. Bizarre rooms.

And here is the link to a very special grand view restaurant located between Carmel and Big Sur at http://www.rocky-point.com/. A favorite of the celebrities.

Laguna Seca Raceway is on the road between Monterey and Salinas.

And we live about 15 minutes from NorCal Hobbies. My wife will be in the neighborhood.

Bill
That sounds awesome. Its a shame Steinbeck never wrote a travel guide. After reading East of Eden last month, I have a feeling it would have been a best seller. Looking forward to seeing y'all again. You'd think I'd be tired of all this stuff after being born in Stockton and living in Sac for 18 years. I gotta convince the wife to move back somehow though! Tim is never slow to point out what I am missing in CA, lol.