R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya FF03
Thread: Tamiya FF03
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2010, 12:52 PM
NiMo
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tamiyarcracer
Nimo,

We ran into a similar problem with the TB02. We noticed that if you put the diff screw into the thrust bearing from the side with the champhered edge, that the diff would stay where it was left. If you put the screw in on the very squared edge, the diff would loosen up. I wonder if some of the problem might be similar

Taake a close look at the brass piece on the inside of the thrust bearing, I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about.
Think the fault has been located ?
After the diff failing again after the slightest of knocks and then failing to work again after a rebuild, I got someone else to look at the diff components, THEY noticed the thrust unit has a crack in one of the washers, so I went old school and made up one from some small balls and 2 washers, now it appears much smoother than it ever was, and the car turns much better, also it doesn't appear to be diffing out any where near as much, in fact the car was lapping faster, so I am thinking the part was sold as faulty?
Wont get to do any more testing as the track is closed tomorrow due to holding a main BRCA National meeting there this weekend with some 140 drivers booked in.