R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car
Old 07-21-2010, 03:09 PM
chris_dono
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by shaun207
hi .. have just got a top photon to replace my old shuey mi4lp , and the photon is alot more consistent and less twitchy .. and i love it !!

its being used on a high grip carpet track , with a mixture of fast and tight sections .:eek

its been set up on the basic rubber tyre on carpet set up , with the exception to the following ..

wheelbase - now longer / anti roll bars - 1.4f and 1.2r / running hpi pink springs on the front and hpi silver on the back , and the ackerman which has been changed to the middle as apposed to the rearward setting ..

as i said im really impressed with the car , and just my driving lets the car down ...
i want it to have a tiny bit more steering coming out of turns , or i geuss it could be too much rear end push coming out of corners onto the main straight ... but its planted !!

but im unsure what to change , as i dont want to make much of a difference just a small adjustment ..

one thing i have been told by a sponsored muchmoore / photon driver and he recomended changing the top deck to foam one ..i have one that came with the car and thats a 2.5mm top deck with 2 more peices in the middle , is this the right one ? and should i change it ? or what else would you recomened ?? ..

thanks for any help
the 2.5mm one with two braces is the foam deck yes, try that on carpet.