R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - O.S. .25XZ engine
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Frank L
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fleggasaurus
Hey Nitroluver

At my local track for a 2 day trophy meet, I was running an os speed in a losi 8t with a 9mm insert and this other quick driver in a xray truggy was running one of these os .25's with a 6.5mm insert. Both of us were running os 2060 pipes but different brands of fuel.

I have got to say that after seeing the performance of these os .25 motors, It has made me go out and buy one for my truggy. It simply had the bigger displacement to get the truggy up and out of corners alot faster than what my os speed could. Coming onto the main straight, I would be 2-3 metres infront of the other guy with my os speed but by the end of the straight, he would be on my ass and this didn't include the tight and technical sections of the track. My os speed needed a main straight another 20 metres long to wind up and get going where the .25 had the guts to get him out of the corner alot faster and get the truggy motoring proper quick.

I was a bit spectical about them at firsst thinking they're going to be a clutch and diff killer but after having a drive of a .25 in another car, they're not like a toggle switch and uncontrollable but simply a superb truggy motor to get them out of corners faster than anything else and I also think revving down the main straight just as good as .21's.

My .25 is currently still sitting bnib but after I get back from my holiday, It's definitely getting run-in and whacked in my truggy.
Cheers.
Hummm that's what I was looking for. Good comparison review.