R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2002, 02:56 AM
FoamDonuts
Tech Regular

Dave,
I would love to chaulk it up to a FLUKE but the thing is I have heard this from a few guys. The owner of my local off-road track just put a Quantum in his 2wd mod buggy I guess I will see whether or not his lasts a lil while. Most of the guys around here that used to run 1/12 ran like 12/6 and 12/4 motors in their twelves and they said they were out of control with 4-cells. You gotta be one of the big dogs to be running single digit mod motors in your twelve. Cyrul and Spashett do it and they dont fry their Quantums, so I am guessing that you just got a funny one or something. Like I said I talked to an LRP team driver tonight and he said that if you run the small cap and the heatsink you will have no problems. We have guys up here running mod sedan(7x2) and they arent smoking their Quantums. Then I look in RCCA and see that Josh has the BIG CAP on his Quantum in his twelve. So, I guess I dont have an answer for ya on this one, just speculation. I think the selling point for me will be how LRP treats you and this repair on your Quantum, that will dictate to me whether or not I go ahead and get one.
IKE