R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi XXX-S
Thread: Losi XXX-S
View Single Post
Old 03-15-2004, 12:01 PM
cartmen34
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by Randman
If you look at any setup sheet for the XXXS the droop will be measured from the bottom of the chassis to the bottom of the blocks weather it seems backwards to you or not, there is nothing I can do to change this for you, I only know how it is done.

If you want a way of setting droop the same from car to car then what you need to do is set your desired ride height with a tapered ride height gauge, then slide it under the chassis to your desired droop and adjust the droop until the tires come off the ground at the same time. ie: your ride height is at 5mm, you want 3mm droop, so set your ride height at 5, and slide the gauge under the chassis to 8mm, then adjust the tires so that they both leave the ground at exactly 8mm. That will work for what you want, but it isn't going to help you any on copying a setup sheet.
I should say that I wasn't really having a personal argument with you, I just posted my questions to see if there was anyone else out there that was as confused as I am on how exactly to measure droop. I wasn't trying to insult you by disagreing with you reapeatedly. I apologize if it seemed so. It was not intentional.

So if I want to follow any of the setup sheets off of losi's site, then I need to assume that when the sheet says 3mm of droop in the front, than that means that the front hub carrier is on the "3" of losi's droop gauge? I like to come up with my own setups, but I find other's setups useful for comparison.

(and no, it still doesn't make sense to me...*laughing at myself*)