View Single Post
Old 07-16-2010, 11:43 AM
LMRacing
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nnick
All 3 come with a fan and the programming card

GT2 LPF has motor limit while GT2 doesn't
GT2.1 has same size but larger fan and heatsink, it's main purpose is stock racing
For modified take GT2, for stock GT2.1 for 12th maybe GT2 or GT2 LPF

You can use nay motor you like, I personally prefer to use same brand's motor, for no special reason
I have a GT2, and a GT2.1. Your a little mistaken. The GT2.1 is a tad bit shorter than the GT2 and will fit much better in a 1/12th because of this. Your right though, the heatsink is larger but thats because the entire top part of the speedo is a heatsink where as the 2.0 speedo's the heatsink is just mounted on top of the speedo. Otherwise the GT2 and GT2.1 are identical other than the software they come with. The 2.1 comes with the 528 software I belive, though it may be the 422, either way it comes factory with the supercharger programing. The 2.0 comes with a mod motor profile without the supercharger. If you want to swap software you need an LCD programing box (about $30 give or take depending on where you get it from. its SP's version of the Tekin Hotwire). All 3 come with the program card to edit profiles of the software they come stock with.

If your running 1/12th scale id say go with the 2.1, if not save some money and get the 2.0LPF, LPF will run anything down to a 5.5 brushless, though I wouldn't recomend running anything better than a 6.5 in it. the regular 2.0 has no motor limit. The 2.0 has a 10.5 motor limit from factory but thats only because of the supercharger software, my manual says with the mod motor profile software on it its also a no motor limit speedo.