R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho VoneR Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2004, 09:26 PM
AMGRacer
Tech Elite

Default Re: hey guys

Originally posted by mr.fury
blue Hey guys....could you please let me know asap about the rear silicone oil in the rear.....I'm rebuilding my diff and i just purchased 50,000 silicone oil for the rear in a Reg V-one R.......will that 50,000 put all the power to the ground?...i'm looking for speed....parking lot racer...i wanna run for speed....not for tracks....
For drag racing/ultimate speed you can do some mods to your V1R..........

1. Remove the middle belt and front belt and front diff and middle layshaft. Reduce rotating mass a HEAP.

2. Remove the rear shocks and replace with turnbuckles. Assists the rear from unloading due to suspension squat. Make sure your car is not tweaked!

3. Buy some 235mm foam donuts in around 25 shore. Get two old foam tires from a touring car and glue them together cutting the centre out of the outer one. Put both inside the donut and glue them to the donut. You should have around 50-55mm of foam surface now. True it down accordingly.

4. Get some slotcar foam tire additive and use this on the foam for instant grip, but messy.

5. Lola bodies or really slammed sedans are good.

6. Set the clutch high and run the bottom end really lean. Dont put much fuel in the tank.

7. Use a solid diff in the rear (the K factory one is very light)

8. Then you start cutting things up and lightening things. I wont even go there