R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen MTX-2
Thread: Mugen MTX-2
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2002, 08:08 PM
Dennis Tom
Tech Initiate

psycho--

Yes, I'm planning on being there, but the kids have basketball playoffs and little league opening day is fast approaching (wife is on the board), so I have to beg..er..I mean "discuss" it with her to make sure.=)

Isaac--

Yup, that set up is actually my rubber tire set up (which worked really well for me). Again, this is the first season of nitro where foams are allowed (in sedans that is). So, I'm sure it's going to take a few races before we really hit on a "killa" set up. Honestly, I feel the car is really close right now (at least for my driving style). Just a few tweaks here and there and it will be "perfect".

When Mike Swauger (factory Mugen) looked at my car, he thought that the diffs may have been a little too "light" for foams. Normally, if the fluid is too light, your car tends to "diff-out" (meaning it unloads too much -- which makes the car handle a little erratic while cornering). Surprisingly, I felt the car was really stable and predictable, so I'm going to leave it alone.

Yes, I think the large difference in shore ratings between the front and rear tires had quite a bit to do with the push that I had. But, as I said earlier, the track was "green" so we were kind of struggling for traction in the morning practice. Once they resprayed it, traction was great -- but I didn't have the time to test other compounds. So, I pretty much just ran the car the way it was.

Good luck,
DT