R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2010, 12:59 PM
Eirik
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by artwork
So I wanted to provide some feedback on some testing a couple of us were doing last night. We (Syndr0me and I) were testing on CRC carpet with Jaco Rubber tires. The main focus was to try different diff positions in the rear of the car. What we found was very interesting...when the diff is in the low position (Dot up) the car was very stuck and seemed to almost stop mid corner. With the diff in the high position (Dot down) it really freed the rear end of the car in a very dramatic way. I was really surprised how different it made the car feel on the track. The diff in the high position made the car pretty hard to drive, but it was pretty fast. The diff in the high position off power made the car feel unpredictable.

At the end of the night we both ended up the way we started which was the rear diff in the low position.

Anyway just wanted to provide some insight into our testing and I would say that you should give it a try to see if it could be the next change that you need to go a little faster.

Testing was done on a stock 416X and 416X with WE rear bulkeds and two piece top deck. Results were very similar...
You should also try the high position for the spool also. need to dremmel some material off the bulkheads though.

This was the ticket to get faster laptimes on our track (2/10th) and was also used by the TRF team at last years Euros and maybe this year...
Not sure it's soo good on carpet, but you might to work a litle on the setup.
I always use high position on asphalt.

Cheers,
Eirik