R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho Lazer ZX5 FS/FS2 Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 12:27 AM
mathsinstrument
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a problem in regards to building of the shocks.

I filled the shock body with shock oil until it reaches the base of the internal threads.
After which I cap the shock bottom on and tighten slighly and back off 1/2 a round. Push in the shock shaft(Freaking messy process) and allow the fluid to bleed.

There are 2 outcomes for me:
1) After allowing the shocks to sit inverted for about 10 minutes with the shaft fully extended, it developed a void space(mega air bubble?). It's like you have to push the shock shaft about 2-3mm in before feeling the resistance of the fluid. I tried many bleeding methods to remove the air like aligning the slot to the top and tilting the body to enable the air to escape more efficiently through the slot, then pushing the shaft in. Also the stock method does not work. The void is still there. Is this supposed to happen(a la Tamiya Aeration Dampers style)?

2)After pumping the shocks for about 10 times or so to normalise the pressure in the shock body, I extended the shaft fully. It retracted about halfway into the body, be it with the air or without. Is this normal?