R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Looking for Expert Help on 1/8 Dirt Oval Setup
Old 07-11-2010, 06:11 PM
JFuel11
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Looking for Expert Help on 1/8 Dirt Oval Setup

Hello,

I am a pretty experienced racer but I am having an issue with my car that I would like some help with...

I have an OFNA Dirt Latemodel Nitro 1/8 Scale car and I have the following questions that I would love some clear help on please...

1. The OFNA is equipped with the ability to adjust the left and right rear steer angles, when and why should you make adjustments to these items and what will be the effect of these adjustments.
2. My car is fast and I won the A-Main locally last week, however I cannot keep my car from kicking out about 3/4 way around the corner on power it wants to always power slide out of the corner rather than power off the corner. This behavior seems to exist no at some level no matter what I change at this point on the car... But I have not made any large radical changes lately.

Here is my setup...

Front End:
Dynotech One-Way Diff
60 Weight Oil
TC3 Shock with #3 Piston
Red Springs left & right

Rear End:
20K rear diff fluid
50 Weight Oil
TC3 Shocks with #3 Piston
Red Spring on left and Gold spring on right

Rear steer is about 2degrees negative on the left rear and about 0 - 1 degree positive on the right.

I had a gold spring on the left rear and have moved to a red spring and even jacked the pre-load spring down on the left rear to try and add some off the corner bit/push but have had no luck...

The car also does not turn in as well as I would like, I have a very small spoiler on the rear of the car and maybe the reason why the car kicks out coming out of the turn is because I am having to through it in harder than I would need...

How do I get the car to rotate into the corner under power better and bit coming off...

Again please keep in mind the car is very close and I can run almost track record pace, I am just looking for some very experienced help that can get my car to the next level.

Thank you for your help.

Alan