R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Xray 808, Losi 8ight 2.0, or Mugen MBX6?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2010, 10:11 AM
jwm2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just bought an 8ight 2.0 buggy last week and have been checking it over throughly this week and obtaining the parts i need to complete it. After spending several hours checking things out i have to admit it is a really nice buggy. Of course i can't compare it to other buggies but judging by the research i did before taking the plunge and since taking delivery of mine i'd have to say the 8ight 2.0 is rock solid. You see alot of people here racing them successfully.

You do hear a few horror stories but its that way with any rc and is most likely due to driver/setup error. But based on the availibility of parts i'd have to say the 8 2.0 is the best bang for the buck. The parts are cheap and plentiful, expecially on ebay. I see about half of the parts available for the mbx6 vs the 8 2.0.

If i had it to do all over again i would stick with the 8 2.0, without a doubt. It really boiled down to finding the best deal on a 8 2.0 or a mbx6 and i ended up saving alot of money buying the 8 2.0.

I do hope to get into some local racing her shortly, but of course i need some practice time, and with practice comes broken parts. All the lhs around here carry 8 2.0 parts, so in a pinch i'm covered.

For mbx6 parts theres only 2 hobbyshops around here and both are 45-50 minutes from my house and neither has an off-road track. So for me the decision wasn't too hard. Thats just my opinion.