R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Charger Power Supply
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 11:19 AM
AEracer7
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Charger Power Supply

I plan on upgrading the power supply in my computer soon to something that can support a bigger video card. And I could modify my current on to be used with a charger. My current one is around 400w and runs my system perfectly like I said only upgrading to accommodate more hardware. I can get pictures of my current one if you'd like and there's no need to worry about it being over heated at one point because it got filled with dust or something, because I'm a computer clean freak and vacuum my pc out monthly which would include power supply internals. I can get pictures and details specs of my current one if you'd like.

Pricing would go as this:
power supply itself: $13
$2-3 for banana jacks (I can put any kind of connector on there, banana jacks just seem common)
$5-10 for labor (depending on what you would like done)
finally shipping I'd be guessing it's around $7 all depending on your location but $7 seems to be a nice middle estimate.

total: $27-35 (depending on what is requested to be done also just an estimate)
basically materials+labor+shipping

and that's 1/2 the price of buying a similar power supply and the only thing you lose is a usb port and I could put one on if you'd like

For how you'd like it built I can have the banana jacks as part of the case like the one above in the hyperlink, I can also do dual 12v rails if you'd like to run dual chargers, and single or dual 5v rails (can also make a 5v rail into a usb like in above hyper link). I can make it however you'd like.

if you pm me or post up what you'd like done and your zip I can give you a final price

Thank you for your time. Please feel free to contact me.

Also I have feedback on beatyourtruck.com under the same user name as here, if your concerned about that.