R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2010, 09:52 AM
macdude
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned by anyone yet, so here goes.

My brakes, particularly when the care is barely moving (lining up on the grid) became extremely weak when I changed my final drive from 5.x down to 4.0. I don't brake much at higher speeds, so I didn't really pay attention to the difference. I first noticed the weak braking with my 21.5 that was already at a 4.0 final drive, but then

I wondered if maybe it was because I had no drag brake, so last night I experimented. Sure enough, when I bumped up the drag brake a couple steps (using the speedo), the brakes felt stronger. I bumped it up a few more steps, and sure enough, the car now stops quickly at very low speeds. So what happens when you pull the brake trigger is definitely impacted by the drag brake setting. Perhaps the speedo is adding the trigger brake to the drag brake, instead of making the trigger interpolate between the drag brake setting and full braking power.

The next thing I want to try is to dial in a bunch of drag brake, but then dial in a bunch of push control, and see if it ends up working like a lower drag brake setting with stronger overall brakes. Like maybe once you apply the brakes, the push control would shut off and then you'd have your drag brake + trigger brake.

-Mike
That's really odd. The only time I have ever had break issues was with an older version of the software. The other thing that you might check and I have seen this affect the break power too is using the dual drive mode. If you run in sensored only mode this seems to make the breaks stronger. Where dual drive they feel a little weaker. And as I said before with version 198 was like there was none.