R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Kyosho GXR28 Inferno GT2 Bent crank Shaft from mild accident
Old 07-07-2010, 09:46 PM
BigMiles
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by diggad
Hi Guys!

So... I'll start from the top!

I got this as a present from the wife... love it! only drove it twice now... Had a few problems with the pull start - but got use to the short quick pulls and all working fine...

On the second time I drove it - I handed the controller to the wife (What was I thinking!)... first few minutes were ok... then she throttled it on a straight, it changed transmission - hitting high speeds! and she forgot that on the controller left is right and right is left.... BAAAAAM! straight into a wall! Car looked OK.. the foam at the front had come off the screws... and also noticed that the crank shaft was wonky! ARRGHHHH!

Heres a picture of it guys... I've tried to highlight it as best as I could...
it just about touches the other metal rod to its left.... but doesn't look that worrying - But I wanted your opinion on it first...

Shall I replace? Is it easy? Is there a tutorial out there that someone has? What do you think??

Much appreciated on your responses guys... !
Thanks!

Digga D
Not sure what Kyosho calls it but it is known as the front drive shaft. Very easy to fix. BTW try to run where there's nothing to hit like curbs, tire stops and car tires!