R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 733 1/10 200mm touring
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 08:37 PM
quietstorm76
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lil-bump
Hello Gentlemen,

I've just made the switch from the Mugen Mtx4r. I picked up the 733 slightly used. The previous owned moved to the 966. I have taken the car fully apart just to see how it goes back together. No problems. The radio tray was a bear getting everything installed and neat.
In ready to race form the car weighed 1830 grams. After further observations I found that the battery I planned to use with this car was really heavy. it weighed almost 20 grams more(plus a fair amount of tape I put on it) than the 1100 mah I had in my mugen. So I opted for a lipo+reg. I know I should have went for the Life but I don't have charger that will charge Life batteries. Now the car is sitting right around 1745 grams (ready to race)
My side belt tentioner was mounted on the underside of the top deck this allows more tension adj for the side belt but it really binds up the drive train at the loosest setting. So I changed it back to stock and the side belt just misses my exhaust header.
The only other thing I found that was strange was one of the pins came out of my brake pulley adaptor. I tap it back in. I have another adaptor on order. Other than that; the 733 has a alot design features that are non existant in the Mugen.

Race you later... Pass you soon...
I can not believe YOU have a Serpent!! Welcome to the club