R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Considering the Jato 3.3 worth it?
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2010, 03:07 PM
Do-Over
Tech Addict

Default Ofna

Out of that list I would definitely go with one of the Ofna buggies like the 7 or 8.5 which are pretty similar from what I hear just tweaked a little different. I'm not a fan of Cen or HPI but others might tell you different thats just my opinion. No matter what you choose do your homework and see what the come with cause your base purchase will determine what your can do with it in the future..... REALLY! Take your time and don't regret your decision. There are some good kits and RTR's for low prices but there are also some junk kits. Make sure you know what your getting and check to see what parts your local hobby shop carries as you will need parts any route you go.... especially bashing. Also the Hot Bodies kits are really high quality for a decent price and you can race them if you feel the urge.(you could race the ofna buggies too) I think its better to build the kits if you have the motor and electrics to put in it you learn your machine much better and build it alot better than the factory does I just had to completely rebuild the RTR RC8T I bought cause it was falling apart.... Just an FYI from one hobbiest to the next. Also the kits come with alot of the better parts you will want if you get into it and the RTR's just come with whatever they got to build a machine. (if you know what i mean)

Bottom line:
1) take your time deciding
2) do your homework
3)Loctite is your friend

Hope that helps buddy those are all the things I wish I had known before buying mine!

After looking back thru the posts if you want a bashing truck that has awesome power and durability definitely look at the slash and slayer. Watch some youtube videos and you'll see what i mean.