R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ROAR quit being stupid
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 01:27 PM
token
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Racecrafter
I see this thread as nothing more than a hate column for those who really don't have a clue about how ROAR operates and how they truly affect our little hobby.

ROAR was established for the racer by the racers who were for the most part already in what was the industry back then. National rules were the main focus so all could be on the same page all over the country when it came time to face off at the Nationals and Regionals.

The same still holds true today. ROAR is made up of racers, ex racers and folks who are part of the industry.

If the rules were left up to the "racers" our hobby would be so friggen expensive only the Elite and rich could afford it. Our cars would be all hand made and build using wind tunnels and unobtainium.

All of this boils down to ask yourself one very basic question: Am I a ROAR member?

If no, you don't have a voice here, as it really doesn't affect you.

If yes, you should know how to correctly voice your opinion.
people are not upset that ROAR governs 1 race a year. People are upset because the new rules are not based on competition or fairness. Their latest decisions have been bias, based on their opinion and their opinions only. I think in order to provide the industry with competitive rules all rules need to open for discussion once a year to address all the new designs, etc...... ROAR is 5 years behind the times and they need to catch up so this kinda of incident will not happen again.
Yes Im a member.