R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 12:59 PM
F N CUDA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
The track Freakah and I run at is super loose for pan cars so the diffs need to be set a lot more loose than most places. On my F103 I have to run quite a bit of slip in the diff to make the car manageable.
If you run your diff as a "slipper", even just a little slip, it will become junk in one run.

Here's my 2 cents (only 1 cent actual value),
Rebuild the diff with new stuff, all of it, you can polish the rings if you really like it super sweet.

To adjust it to the loosest safe setting, which is still sketchy, put the car on the surface you will be running on and find one of the highest traction areas then punch it. If it slips, tighten it, when it doesn't slip you're done.

Better still, hold the wheels to the ground and punch it quickly, slowly tighten it a little at a time til it won't slip.
It will still feel smooth, never slip, and will last a very long time before needing a rebuild cuz it never slips which is what will wear the rings and diff balls instantly.
That's why I prefer the 103 type adjuster, I'll check it this way easily before each run.

That's how I roll