R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HoBao Hyper 9E thread
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 05:39 AM
MindThoughts
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Carbon Fiber Tube to make carbon fiber drive shafts. Would like CF body color advice.

Thank you for this information shano. I also like this idea of making our own carbon fiber drive shafts. This is the reason I asked so many detailed and very specific questions. These measurements and supply brand names and other assembly data will certainly take allot of the guesswork out of the equation. I do not like to experiment with expensive materials, unless I have no other choices avaiable to me. At this point in time, I believe we would both be wise to accept any and all advice from reracer because he has made a working carbon fiber center drive shaft which includes the "Universal" upgrade all in one piece. Reracers work shows excellent insight and a wealth of experience. I look forward to hopefully hearing more from reracer regarding measurements and brand and type of epoxy used. And also if anything was done to either inserted shaft to help prevent that inner shaft from breaking free from the carbon fiber outer shell.

PS. Shano- if you, and or anyone proceeds with this carbon fiber, and universal modification, please take pictures of each step, stage of the process and share those pictures here on this thread. Thank you in advance. And thank you for the link shano.

PPS. Shano, what do you think about a green carbon fiber body for my green Hyper 9e. I really like the black carbon fiber look but black has always proven to be difficult to see on the track, or at least not as easy to see as brighter colors. You could even order a red carbon body to match your chassis, side guards and radio tray. Ordinarily I'm not a fan of green, but green carbon fiber is certainly not an ordinary look, especially when it's a green and black carbon fiber/Kevlar weave. I will take many pictures of my carbon fiber Hyper 9e bodies when I recieve them. And if you or anyone has any carbon fiber body- color suggestions, please let me know. I plan to practice and race with these carbon fiber bodies.

Originally Posted by shano83
Hey mind i liked the idea of this and went searching for somewhere to get a cf rod i found this http://www.hobbyparts.com.au/store/c.../carbon+fibre/