R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tekin RS ESC sensored
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Official
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pakk
I do remember Tekin commenting on this before saying that the feature does little to nothing. I believe it was in this thread. But I recently picked up a ESC that has launch control. Hold brake for a few seconds and at the first sign of throttle, you get full power. But it seems to me that this ESC is doing more than just giving you full power at the launch. I believe some timing is being played with. The car just accelerates a lot harder. Free wheeling it, the tires balloon a lot more with launch control then with out.

So here's my idea:

Incorporate a launch control with timing adjustment.

Make it so holding brake for a certain amount of time puts the ESC into launch mode. Then in the hotwire, ad a launch control slider. I don't really know what kind of timing adjustments are beneficial at launch. I have a feeling that just a set amount of timing is good. Maybe a ramp is needed, I don't know.

Just an idea.
So far i have no Launch problem with my RS pro. All my launch was way faster then the LRPs with Launch controls, to a point if i tighten the rear diff too much i can actually pop a slight wheelie.
From what i see the power given out from the RS pro is like when you want is where you want it.

my 2 cents.