R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novarossi engines thread
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2010, 02:18 AM
Pattojnr
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Flash 12 backplate

Hi guys, i got 2 Flash 12's here, i pulled one down, looked over it all, and reassembled and started to run it in . im about 6 tanks in, and i removed the engine, and pulled it down again, to inspect and clean it, and after run it.
on a closer inspection, i was looking closley at the back plate. the cut out for the piston, almost looked like it was chipped, close to the start of the arc of the plate, looking from behind, on the right hand side. i cleaned it all up and got the magnifying glass out, and it looks like it is a casting fault. its not cracked or chipped, just a flaw in the cast. ill try to take a pic of it later, but i went on and opened the second engine, not seen fuel, and it has exactly the same fault with the cast. just wondering if anyone else has seen the problem with the back plate.

i was freaked out, as i never open the back plate with out knowing where the piston is, so i never did get it caught, so i thaught at first it was chipped, so i went looking for a disaster inside after the 6 tanks. luckily , no such problem.

Cheers.