R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TC4 RTR, Tips and Tricks for Stock, Etc.
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 08:40 AM
Conrad
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Stranahan
You cannot fix this with shock collars. You have to move physical weight in the car. What I suspect is that in your efforts to have a 50-50 front to back weight split you have created this excess weight at the right rear. Instead slide the battery back and be happy with a 2 ounce excess in the rear. The car will drive better this way. Then you will have a car with corner weights in good shape as well as you will move weight back on the left side to match the existing right side.
Tried that already mate and the car was horrible to drive, far too much weight transfer to the front on corner entry. Only after taking alot of droop of the rear did it calm down the weight transfer to the front. The car was still better and easier to drive with the lipo forward and the front/rear weight bias closer to the 50/50. I'm running rubber tires on carpet with a diff, I don't like spools the shaft drive more than makes up for the extra punch out of the corner you get from running a spool in a belt car.

Yup like you guys my battery ribs have been removed to move the lipo closer to the edge of the chassis, the chassis has also been slotted for tape instead of a brace, the motor recess has been lengthened to allow for spacing the motor forward and the cross brace cutout at the servo has been enlarged for when I had a low profile servo in it.