R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HoBao Hyper 9E thread
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 06:33 PM
MindThoughts
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Side Guards For Hyper 9e. Just Drill The Holes and Bingo. You're a winner.

I agree that Ofna could have drilled the holes in the chassis and shipped these side guards with the Hyper 9e. But then again, I think these side guards came out after the Hyper 9e arrival. Though it doesn't make sense why ofna is not shipping all current models with these side guards. My understanding is, these fit right onto the sides of the Hyper 9e chassis, once the screw holes are drilled to hold the side guards on. Most people are running these on their Hyper 9e's. In fact, nine out of ten Hyper 9e's I see at the track all have these side guards on their buggies. And I've not heard one complaint about the holes being dificult to drill. Here is the link:-)
And only Ten Dollars for the two side guards. I'd buy them if I wasn't running the carbon fiber side guards. By the way, if you want to run Carbon Fiber Side Guard, The Carbon Fiber Side Guards by MoosRacing will fit right onto the metal chassis as well. But you still need to drill the holes into the stock Hyper 9e chassis to mount the carbon fiber side guards. Or you could just stick with the Ofna Side Guards for ten dollars. Your Choice. It is good that Ofna gives this choice to Hyper 9e owners.

http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=21737

Originally Posted by fallguy
the sad thing is the nitro hyper 9 has super nice side guards.