R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - GT8 Class--buggy-based on road electric!
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Raman
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
Guys,I have been keeping an eye on this thread.
This class is refreshing and looks like it's tons of fun.

I am thinking about converting my rc8e-b to onroad.
Can someone give me some pointers on what I need to get (shock tower/shocks,tires ect.) to convert my car?
Do you guys run a spool or center diff in the rc8?
I would be willing to bet if I show up at my local with a rtr car I can
get some interest in the class.
Thanks for the help.
J.D.Roost,

Im in the middle of converting a TRF801 to a GT car. So you're basically looking to do what I did. Here is my build thread

http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...project-4.html

Shock tower: I made a hybrid shock tower, the top part is from a Kyosho IGT and bottom are the mount holes for the TRF801X. I sent the design over to snrscion and he cut them for me out of 4 mm carbon fibre.

Dampers, you can use your fronts all around the caveat is finding firm enough springs. This is where I am stuck right now because the TRF801 dampers measure 18 mm. So I may opt for getting either the Ofna dm-1 shocks or the IGT TRW105. Most likely I will go with the latter, since I already have springs for it.

Body: You'll need a body that fits 325 mm chassis. If you want a license bodies, then take a look at the Kyosho bodies for the original IGT. IGT2 bodies wont with because they're 325 mm. You can also use the protform or Ipan Warrior.. I personally went with the Ferrari body..

Centre: Im designing a fixed gear and will also have a centre diff option. Most on this thread seem to be going with an electric clutch. Since I went with a centre bulkhead mount, its not an option for right now. Maybe down the road I will switch. First I want to get my car going.

Tyres: Foams you have BSR or Ofnas. Rubber you have PMT, Ipanema, Losi/GRP, AlphaRC, Ofna.

Hope this helps.