R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HoBao Hyper 9E thread
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2010, 03:50 AM
MindThoughts
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default Performance of the MoosRacing Carbon Fiber Chassis.

With the weight reduction, the Hyper 9e will definitely have a different feel to it on the track. Please let us know what your experience is.

PS. It would be interesting if you had a chance to weigh the chassis before you put your buggy together. The weight difference. I don't recal if you were running side guards before with your metal chassis. If you were, you could weigh both chassis with side guards and see the difference. Also include the metal radio tray in the metal chassis and the carbon fiber radio tray in the carbon fiber chassis, for an overall weight comparison. If you have a chance to do that, it would be interesting to see the gap. it would probably be significant. I don't have a scale yet. I'm looking into ordering one online.

Congratulation on your diet, You've succesfully lost weight. Yahooo.

PS. if you have time to do this weight comparison, and you were not running side guards, and or do not have side guards for your metal chassis, be sure to take off the carbon fiber side guards so that you can compare part to part, carbon fiber to metal direct weight comparison. or you could just weigh each part separetly. It's up to you shano, after all; your buggy is all together and ready to go. and that has to be a great feeling. Are you still waiting for those lipo's? do you have any batteries you can run your buggy now with?

Originally Posted by shano83
The weight of my chassi are as follows
Chassi (carbonfibre) without electrics,wheels,shell,lipos = 2200grams
chassi (CF) with everything ( race ready) = 3800grams