R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Intellect 50C's
Thread: Intellect 50C's
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2010, 05:40 AM
jsr555
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

The maths is ok, just ignore the zero's. If you are running a 5000 - 50C, just multiply 5 by the C rating. ie 5 times 50 equals 250. That's the max this battery wants to put out in amps - 250 amps. This is continuous current, not max.. but thats as per what Cobra said above.... But anyway, I run stock, 17.5, and I stand corrected, but I did not believe a stock motor pulled anywhere near 250 amps..... I know heat, ie the motor getting above... say around 60 degrees C plus can effect the amps... add to this the incredible speedies we now have... and maybe the combinmation does add the the puff equation.... no idea but what I would like to know is how many puff battereis through normal use....?

If you store a battery full or leave it in the sun.... that is not the manufactures fault when if puffs. And just quietly, I do not think trying to discharge them, or charge them at more than 1C (yes I know you can) is a good idea and very advantages to prolonged battery life...

Is it just the higher C ratings people are puffing, predominately 45 and 50's...