R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HoBao Hyper 9E thread
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2010, 10:53 PM
MindThoughts
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default OCRC Raceway is 135' X 60' = 8100 Square Feet. WCRCR is 105' X 66' = 6930 Square Feet

Originally Posted by T4 Razer
I dont think I explained myself that well... I used to talk to you alot when you drove at OCRC alot.

Thank you for clearing that up. and after I posted my note to you, I realized that you may have meant what you have now specified/clarified.

Well, thank you for talking to me allot at OCRC. I just called OCRC and spoke to Robert, He's awesome, and clarified for myself, that his expanded track is now 135' x 60' = 8100Square Feet. That's 55' Feet Longer than it was previously. And West Coast RC Raceway is 105' x 66' = 6930 Square Feet. And these Measurements were given to me by Robert owner of OCRC, and Danny (owner of West Coast RC Raceway)Directly.

You should still be fine with a 2cell LiPo. But it's really about how fast your lap times are. If you're lap time is faster with the 2cell LiPo, I would run the 2cell LiPo. Just keep in mind, when you run a 2cell lipo, it needs to be a really good quality battery. I'm not saying that the Thunder Power Lipo's are the best batteries. it's just what I use at this time. I use to run the 40c 2cell and had no problems with heat. Now I use all 50c lipo's. three 2cell and three 3cell. As long as the C rating is reasonable and hopefully close to true. but what really matters is if your battery is getting hot. that's a true and direct indication that your overworking the battery, if the temperature goes up too much. Look forward to seeing you again. Now that I know OCRC has a larger track, that's certainly lit my desire to be there again. Although West Coast RC is less than one half the distance from my home. That makes a big difference when I include the Traffic Factor. Thank you for saying Hi.