R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Advanced Electronics Black Diamond ESC
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2010, 09:09 PM
CraigM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
If you think you had something broken at moorebank you should see all the bits I pulled out of my car when I rebuilt it last week! And thats not counting the performance three wheel drive rubber! Anyway sometimes things just don't go your way...

Anyway BD went surprisingly well.... The best attribute was the throttle characteristics. The motor follows throttle inputs much like an old style speedo so you have the ability to alter your cars attitude in and out of corners far more than the "traction control" or "switch" behavior of every other speedy I have run (except senna's tekin cause it is "special"). Use is fairly simple to as you gear for speed or grunt. From my days exp I found just gear to match or be slightly slower than who ever you are racing... you will come off stone cold and decimate them out of every turn. The brakes lacked strength but I have not played with brake profiles yet so I may be missing something. Might go do some laps out the front now and work on that...

I think the reason I had problems with it first time I used it was the motor was dead so I had no chance getting anything useful out of the testing.
Good to hear it went well Troy, I'm trying the BD out this weekend with the SP10.5, looking forward to it... I need big brakes tho