R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Engine engne engine grrr..Looking for a new one!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 12:24 AM
NitroXray80809
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Werks
I'm not knocking anyone's opinions on engines but Houston I would take anything that RB Five has to say about our products as a grain of sand. He is the typical pissed off ex-customer that every company seems to have one of. The kind that will not listen to anyone's advice and afterward finds it necessary to talk negatively about a products every opportunity that he can possibly get. Frankly it got to the point where everybody basically had to ask him to stop posting on my thread lol

In any case as far as the OP is concerned there are a ton of good, high quality engines available at a reasonable price point today. If anything it is the best time ever to get involved in nitro racing! Are there bad engines, I think relatively few. My personal opinion be it going with one of our engines, Novarossi, RB, Alpha or which ever other brand just make sure that it is from a reputable company with support that is easily reachable in the form of either the manufacturer directly or one of their representatives like Houston or Racecrafter. Try to get a brand where some of the local drivers are also using them so that if you need some help at the track there are people there that are familiar with tuning them and will be able to help you out. Hope this helps and happy racing with your new engine which ever brand it might be!

Regards,

Ron
+1 its always nice to have a engine people use at ur track so just incase u need help there are people there that have the same engine also they might even have a spare parts engine for example other day my buddy bought a werks and must of got the older carb because it was defected but some happen to have spare o.s. carb from a v-spec lucally it fit just perfect and he got to race