R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - RC10B4/T4 Forum
Thread: RC10B4/T4 Forum
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 07:09 PM
DaveW
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

On a loose dirt surface, ballstud changes arent very noticeable, except for loss/gain of stability through ruts and over jumps. The grippier the surface, then the greater the effect felt with link length and height changes for roll control. This is why you feel the changes are the opposite for each surface type, and why the link adjustment description in the manual is very simple and to the point.

IMO, nothing locks in the rear like toe/squat and shock setup... combined with a great choice of tire/insert. I use the ballstud adjustments to fine tune how the buggy/truck feels loaded in corners and dynamic off camber jumps/landings.

I have always run lead in the nose, even back in the day with the custom solder filled bulkhead for the B3/T3. I love the front to feel planted, and it really helps when you pour on the power.

The lead next to the batteries never really seemed to make a difference to me with 6 cell setups. 7 grams each side that close to the mass weight of the battery? Really? If thats the case, then all of our T4/B4's are seriously affected (on one side) by the extra weight from the extra wire it takes to run brushless setups. Oh, dont forget the huge fan on the speedo too...