R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Which Buggy kit to go for??
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2010, 03:46 PM
merdith6
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default not bad at all.....

Originally Posted by james90
by my side, quite a number of mate using xray 808 2010 spec... how is the performance from urs view?
I have been racing my 808 for about 3 years now. Its a really great buggy, It jumps great, it's light, fast, and the easiest buggy to work on, period.

It could use a bit more suspension travel, like the mugen, but if you use the right pistons and oil it works great. You can use the same setup on smooth indoor tracks as the outdoor bumpy tracks, high to low traction too.

I've worked on and driven the Mugen mbx6 and it's also a great buggy, I like it's overall package, but the curved ring and pinion gears aren't my favorite, and the metal rusts easily on the gears.

I worked on and drove the team associated buggy and it's really easy to drive, excellent steering response, and feel, not my favorite to work on though, and the clutch is sub par....not a deal breaker.....

The losi buggy is really inspiring on the track, and racers seem to love them, but I see too many parts break, and wear out at the track and when I drove one for a few months while dialing it in for a friend.

I really like the durango, but it's not out yet, but the attention to detail looks really good on that car, I hope the parts are reasonable.

The serpent is another hot looking buggy, haven't driven it or wrenched on it, but the parts look too expensive in my opinion.....that could change in time though.

The hot bodies D8. I have no experience with that buggy, but the price is right, and the parts are inexpensive too. With the expense of racing it's nice to see a competitive buggy for such a great price....

The Kyosho has been a great buggy in all it's incarnations. Pricey, but smooth and dialed. I am not suprised to see Tebo win with it. and the new body looks killer.......I ran Kyosho from the original inferno to the 777, but I don't own an mp9.....

I hope this helps....