R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Yokomo MR-4TC SD
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2004, 12:45 AM
johnbull
Tech Master

Hi friends. Greetings from Malta.

Please allow the old man a few words on Formula 1.

I have followed it closely, written articles about it, commentated GPs on television, simply lived F1 for the last 45 years. It's a great subject to discuss.

I know there is a thread in rctech for Formula 1 - in the general section if I remember correctly. Perhaps we should talk F1 on that. This way we keep everyone happy. What do you say?

NOW YOKES>

I went to the track yesterday evening specifically to drive a customer CGM and help him set it up. It was cold - very cold, and windy, and despite the good floodlighting at our track my 57 year old eyes still suffer somewhat in anything but bright daylight.

The car was fitted with Yokomo 138F tyres. Everything else kit. I wasn't impressed. I redid the droop as someone had messed it up, and it was a bit better but still very skittish. I then simply put the Take Off 22s I had on my Rayspeed SD on it, and the car was transformed. I was suddenly running as fast as the quick guys in the class.

The car has fantastic reactions. It's so easy to drive fast. I had to knock off a load of steering from the transmitter and still it did just what you want it to do. Very much like my thick chassis (3.8mm) Rayspeed.

It's owner then had a go. Again he was right on the pace and getting another minute out of the cells.

This car races in our beginners class - 8 minute races, 21 turn sealed control motor and 3000 cell limit. His previous MR4 TC was slower down the straights yet couldn't give him 8 minutes flat out run time. With the CGM he is way quicker and can run for 9 minutes before it starts to slow.

I gave my mod SD a whirl too. Great fun though I slammed it against a banking and broke a wishbone at about 4 minutes! But great fun all the same.

This evening I'm down again, but with my son Josh and his TC3. Got a few more bits to try out.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.