R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TB-Evolution III
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2004, 09:48 PM
Bubblestc3
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rtypec
Hey bubbles, the shock oils come in packages of three 200,300,400 (53443) then there's 500,600,700 (53444)and finally 800,900,1000 (53445). They're all color coded and made with a very consistent synthetic oil. Good stuff. They're measured in metric so I don't know what their equivalent SAE rating would be (# weight)

The countersunk deck does help with stiffness a little but for the most part it's there to help prevent minor tweaks. The only catch is that you must have a bit that countersinks the right depth and diameter so that a countersunk screw sits right. Also, you need to make sure that the chassis is built perfectly flat and that ALL screw holes from the both bulkheads, motormount, center bracing, etc. line up perfectly or else you'll put a tweak into the chassis when you tighten things up. It's a chore but it can be done using shims between the gearboxes and upper deck mounts and trial and error method.

Stock metal bearings? errmmmm I'm not sure if they're available but you can always call Tamiya, or inquire with Speedtech, or check out acerracing.com

Hope this helps.

Edit: p.s. Why aren't you at Slocal? Oh snap, look at all the places I referred you to...they look like my sig haha Okay if you need batteries go to promatch!
Hahahahaha, no SloCal tonight, that thing about waking up for school the next day came up between the mother and I, and I could not go... LOL, but acerracing is not in your sig...

Thanks for the help Rod